Congregation Shaarey Zedek is a warm, welcoming, inclusive and egalitarian Conservative Jewish community. We provide to all generations innovative, stimulating and diverse spiritual, educational, leadership and social opportunities that nurture our love and commitment to Jewish life, our Synagogue, our country and the State of Israel.
Our spiritual direction is led by committed, knowledgeable and caring clergy available to all. Together, all participate in celebrating our history, enriching our community and planning our future.
More about us:
Year-round Programs and Services Include:
- Shabbat and Holiday Services
- Shiva Minyan Services
- Baby Naming and B’rit Milah Ceremonies, Weddings, B’nai Mitzvah Celebrations
- Pre-K through Seventh Grade Religious School
- Young Family Programming such as Thrilling Thursdays (for children ages 0-5), Me & My Toddler on Saturday mornings (for families with children ages 18 months to 3 years), SuperHero Sunday (for families with children ages 2-7), Martinis & Mishna (mom’s night out) and Tequila and Talmud (dad’s night out)
- Senior Programming
- Sisterhood and Men’s Club Programming
- Purim Extravaganza
- Indoor and Outdoor Concerts
- Adult Education
- Social Action Programs
- Bereavement Support
- Volunteer Opportunities
Collaborative Programs with Community Partners Include:
- Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit Programs and Conferences
- DSO Neighborhood Concerts
- Holocaust Remembrance and Israel Independence Day Ceremonies
- Jewish Historical Society Programs
- American Red Cross Blood Drives
- Volunteer events with Yad Ezra
- Forgotten Harvest food packing and delivery events
Come Join Us • Be Involved • Share Your Ideas!
Learn more about our history and see more photos.
Learn more about Rabbi Irwin Groner (z’l).
Winder Street Building Construction of Southfield Building