Online Class: Together & Apart: The Future of Jewish Peoplehood
March 15, 2020, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Congregation Shaarey Zedek
27375 Bell Road
Southfield, MI 48034
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
Join in the online conversation with Rabbi Starr for Part 3 of his 5-part educational series. Everyone is welcome, whether you’ve participated so far or not. Materials for the session are available at http://online.hartman.org.il and enter in community registration code 8N7YACC9. This week, we will begin Unit 5.
Try to connect 5-10 minutes early. To join the videoconference:
- The link to connect to Shaarey Zedek adult education is https://zoom.us/j/5138138742 with meeting ID 513-813-8742.
- If you are on a computer, you may be instructed to download the Zoom application. Please follow the on-screen instructions to download and install Zoom
- Once you are connected through Zoom, you have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on “Test Computer Audio.”
- Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join audio by computer.”
- If you prefer, you can connect with “Phone Call”. Click on the tab to get the connection information. You connect by dialing the number given, then typing in the Meeting ID followed by #, then typing your participant ID followed by #.
- Once you are connected, your system may ask you to approve the use of the camera and microphone by Zoom. You should do so.
- You may also join a meeting without clicking on the invitation link by going to join.zoom.us on any browser and entering the Meeting ID 513-813-8742.
What Is Zoom and How Do I Use It?
- You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with speaker or headphones and, to fully participate, a video or web camera. (Most smartphones, tablets, and laptops have these). You will have the opportunity to check your audio immediately upon joining a meeting.
- If you are using a phone or tablet, you will need an app for the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Look for the “ZOOM Cloud Meetings” app with a video camera icon.
- You should download the app in advance.
- If you are unsure you will be able to connect, you can use the https://zoom.us/testlink whenever you want. This will allow you to practice connecting, as below.
- If you need technical help with connecting, please call 248-357-5544 or email Robert Rich at email@example.com.
Today we face new challenges to Jewish unity, including nationalism, antisemitism, dual loyalty, and identity politics. In conjunction with the renowned faculty of the Shalom Hartman Institute, we will consider what it means to be a member of the Jewish people, the core values that animate Jewish peoplehood, and the contemporary challenges to Jewish unity. Together we will imagine new conceptual frameworks that can help sustain and grow a vibrant story of Jewish peoplehood.
Join Rabbi Starr for Part 3 of his 5-part educational series.