Dear Shaarey Zedek Family and Friends,
As we move toward the Days of Awe, please use this page as a resource for all things related to High Holy Days at CSZ. If you have any questions, please call the Synagogue Office at 248.357.5544.
– Order your own personal copies of the Mahzor Lev Shalem HERE. We will contact you when copies are available for pick-up.
– Participate in Tiny Treasures, our celebration of babies born September 1, 2019-August 31, 2020! Congregation Shaarey Zedek invites all new babies and their parents and grandparents to participate in this wonderful virtual event, Sunday, September 20, 2020, the Second Day of Rosh Hashanah. Please contact us by Monday, August 17, 2020 with your baby’s English name and Hebrew name, names of parents, siblings, grandparents and any living great-grandparents. Please also send a high-quality digital baby photo and short video. Click HERE for the submission form and requirements.
– This year, we invite our community to wish each other well in short video greetings interspersed through our High Holy Days services. To participate in Shanah Tovah Greetings, click HERE.
– Dedication of Memorial Plaques: A beautiful Memorial Plaque at Congregation Shaarey Zedek is a heartfelt reminder of those you have loved and lost. The next dedication of Memorial Plaques will take place during the digital Yizkor service on the Sh’mini Atzeret, Saturday, October 10, 2020. To include your loved one in that dedication ceremony, your plaque order must be placed no later than Monday, August 17, 2020. For information or to order, please contact Janet Pont at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248.357.5544.
– Awake, You Sleepers: Conservative Community High Holy Days Learning for the Days of Awe: Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. Hosted on Zoom by Congregation Shaarey Zedek. Join us for two sessions of learning, with classes led by Rabbis Aaron Bergman, Yonatan Dahlen, Rob Dobrusin, Robert Gamer, Shalom Kantor, Mitch Parker, Steven Rubenstein and Aaron Starr.
– S’lichot: An Evening of Introspection, Prayer, and Community. The Conservative Community observance, hosted by CSZ on Zoom, September 12, 2020 at 9:00 p.m. Please join us on Zoom as the Metro Detroit community of Conservative synagogues gathers to share in preparing for the High Holy Days with a S’lichot service. Together we will explore the wisdom of Judaism and experience the warmth and beauty of traditional and innovative expressions of our liturgy in anticipation of these unprecedented Days of Awe.
– Beth Olem Cemetery open Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Clay Street, Hamtramck, on the Grounds of the GM Poletown Plant. Families may access the gravesite of loved ones through the GM plant security gates. For more information, contact the Clover Hill Park Cemetery office at 248.723.8884
– Time of Remembrance: Sunday, September 13, 2020, 11:00 a.m. Congregation Shaarey Zedek and Clover Hill Park Cemetery invite relatives and friends to attend a special memorial service conducted by Rabbi Aaron Starr, Rabbi Yonatan Dahlen, Hazzan David Propis and Assistant Cantor Leonard Gutman. Following the service, each family may visit the gravesites of loved ones to recite prayers.
– Make Sukkot extra special and order your own personal Lulav and Etrog set! Cost: $50 per set. Contact Assistant Cantor Leonard Gutman at email@example.com or 248.357.5544 no later than September 17, 2020 to place your order. Pick-up at CSZ: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 11:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Friday, October 2, 2020, 9:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.